We are one of the winners of the People’s Project 2019!
Third year lucky! The work started in July 2018 for the 2019 round. Thank you to all the organisations, communities, and people who voted for us, shared our poster online, and encouraged people to vote. We feel so fortunate that so many people believe in Music for All and the work we do – community music! Thanks to the crew for all their hard work, dedication, and musicianship. Further details about the project and how we are spending the funding to benefit our local communities are provided below.
What we are doing with the funding:
- Providing weekly music sessions, tailored to meet the needs of our groups, from sound therapy to singing, drum circles, West African rhythm/song/dance, soundscapes and gamelan.
- Delivering two sound therapy sessions per month to the staff, carers and families of all our groups.
- Producing an album of original music from participating organisations, mastered in a professional studio. Each organisation can then sell their album to raise money for their groups.
- Holding the Saturday Music Club – a free activity for all participants, carers, staff and families.
- Hire qualified music facilitators and local support musicians.
Organisations we work with:
The Music for All project has been a huge success. We have received positive feedback from all the organisations we are working with, namely Alzheimer’s Society, Age UK, Endike Community Care, 5 Senses, Your Life, Active Care, Humberside Independent Care Association, and Refugee Council, as well as from kids, teenagers, the wider community, with our workshops held in local community centres and in the parks!