We are one of the winners of the People’s Project 2019!
Third year lucky! The work started last year in July 2018 for this year’s round. Thank you to all the organisations, communities, people who voted for us, shared our poster online, and encouraged people to vote. We feel so fortunate that so many people believe in Music for All and the work we do – Community Music! Thanks to the crew for all their hard work, dedication, and musicianship – Daniel Arce, Paula Chearman, Sol Lyon, Rosie Owen. Further details about the project below, how we will spend the funding to benefit our local communities.
Who we’ve helped
The Music for All project has been a huge success so far, we have received positive feedback from all the organisations we are working with: Alzheimer’s Society, Age UK, Endike Community Care, 5Senses, Your Life, Refugee Council and Kids.
What we will do with the funding:
- Provide weekly music sessions – inclusive, therapeutic and educational, tailored to each group from Sound therapy, Singing, Drum Circle, West African, Soundscape and Gamelan.
- Deliver two Sound Therapy sessions per month to the staff, carers and families of all our groups.
- Develop an album of original music from each organisation, mastered in a professional studio.
- Each organisation can then sell their album to raise money for their groups.
- Saturday Music Club – Free activity for all participants, carers, staff and families.
- Employ local music facilitators and support musicians.